This is a copy of the call for tutorials of JCDL 2020 which will take place in Wuhan, China.
The Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) is a major international forum focusing on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, and social issues.
The day for tutorials is 19 June 2020 and the theme of the conference is Speedier Innovation. Sustainable Development. Societal Transformation. Do you have a tutorial proposal for us?
Call for Tutorial Proposals
The organizers of the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2020 invite proposals for tutorials. Tutorials provide an opportunity to offer in-depth education on a topic or solution relevant to research or practice in digital libraries. They should address a single topic in detail over either a half-day or a full day. They are not intended to be venues for commercial product training. Experts who are interested in engaging members of the community who may not be familiar with a relevant set of technologies or concepts should plan their tutorials to cover the topic or solution to a level that attendees will have sufficient knowledge to follow and further pursue the material beyond the tutorial. Leaders of tutorial sessions will be expected to take an active role in publicizing and recruiting attendees for their sessions. Tutorials relating to the theme of the conference, Speedier Innovation. Sustainable Development. Societal Transformation, are particularly encouraged. Please use the ACM Proceedings template ( http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template), and submit in electronic form via the conference’s EasyChair submission page.
Tutorial proposals should be no more than 2 pages and include:
- Title of the tutorial
- Abstract (1-2 paragraphs, to be used in conference programs)
- Brief biographical sketch and contact information for the instructor(s)
- Aims, scope and learning objectives of the tutorial
- Full description or topical outline of the tutorial (1-2 pages, to be used for evaluation)
- Tutorial history (previous offerings of tutorial, if any)
- Format of tutorial (half- or full-day)
- Expected number of participants
- Target audience, including level of experience (introductory, intermediate, advanced)
- Any special audiovisual or computer needs
- Any other noteworthy comments or remarks
For more information: If you have questions, please contact the JCDL 2020 tutorial co-chairs:
Milena Dobreva, University College London, UCL Qatar email@example.com
Yohei Seki, University of Tsukuba, Japan firstname.lastname@example.org
Jian Wu, Old Dominion University, USA email@example.com
January 19, 2020: Deadline for submission
February 5, 2020: Notification of acceptance
April 15, 2020: Camera ready copy
June 19, 2020: Tutorials (before the main conference program)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the conference.