Are you curious about how the Open a GLAM Lab Book had been created?
Following the launch of the book on 30 October 2019 in Doha, several of the authors contributing to the book wrote about their experience and their reflection.
Some institutions also spread the news on the arrival of the book, which is available from the website of the GLAM labbers community and the OA repository of Qatar University, QSpace. To have a complete picture, the list also features the blog post which announces the start of the booksprint.
It is amazing to see what is the geographical spread of these blogs:
Here are the links to these texts (so far in English, Arabic and Spanish) arranged in chronological order. The list had been updated on 11 December 2019.
September 20, 2019
- Labbers of the world unite to write a book in 1 week through a Book Sprint. September 20, 2019, by Mahendra Mahey. Digital Scholarship Blog, The British Library.
October 22, 2019
- Pitting writing skills against the clock, October 22, 2019. Qatar Foundation.
Also available in Arabic:
October 30, 2019
- Open a GLAM Lab book, October 30, 2019, by Paula Bray. State Library, NSW. Australia.
- Open a GLAM Lab – a book in five days. October 30, 2019, on KB Lab blog.
- Experiment & Innovate: ‘Open A GLAM Lab’ Book Launched. October 30, 2019, by Lotte Wilms. LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche – Association of European Research Libraries).
- A Book Sprint for the GLAM sector. 30 October 2019, by Julianna Secchi. BookSprints.com (facilitator).
October 31, 2019
- Sprinting toward a Lab: defining, connecting and writing a book in five days.
- Open a Glam Lab book – A rich experience.
October 31, 2019, by Gustavo Candela. FBVMC.Labs blog.
Also available in Spanish:
- El Libro Open a GLAM LabOctober 31, 2019 by Gustavo Candela. FBVMC.Labs blog.
November 4, 2019
- Open a GLAM Lab (2019) & the International GLAM Labs Community. Communities of practice and sometimes ‘preaching to the choir’
November 4, 2019 by Kristy Kokegei.
- A New, Freely-Available Book: “Open A GLAM Lab”, October 31, 2019, by . On: INFOdocket.com.
- The Open a GLAM lab book – and collections as data, November 14, 2019, on
CODATA Blog (News from the CODATA community and from Simon Hodson).
It was a privilege to host the booksprint in Qatar and help this book come to life. Currently, we are working on its translation into Arabic and Bulgarian.
One thought on “Curious about how the Open a Glam Lab Book had been created?”